Community Land Scotland was established in 2010 as a response to the need for a collective voice for community landowners in Scotland. It is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status.
Our current membership includes Scottish community landowners which own and manage approx. 500,000 acres between them.
We aim to represent the views of our community landowner members in any areas where they feel that we can act in their common interest.
Our key objectives are to:-
- Facilitate the exchange of information, enabling groups to learn from each other's experience and successes
- Promote the growing importance of the community landowning sector to Scotland
- Reform The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 to simplify and strengthen powers to communities
- Encourage community groups to register an interest in land
- Work with Communities to ease the process of communities taking ownership of public land