Inspire Inveraray are working with the Inveraray Community Council to purchase a pier that has been privately owned for 20 years and closed to the public for the last 7 years in a poor state or repair. We want the community and public to benefit from the pier for their wellbeing and to boost the local economy with business opportunities and bringing more tourists to the town.
- To regenerate the pier for locals to use for leisure and accessing water sports and fishing activities.
- To offer opportunities to local businesses and budding entrepreneurs to use the pier for activities such as water sports, fishing, seafood shacks, boat tours etc.
- To offer the opportunity for investment for example in moorings, pontoons, and slipways.
- To offer the opportunity to increase use of the pier from yachts, small cruisers, and the navy.
- To include involvement from other like-minded parties such as Historical Scotland and Clyde Marine Planning Partnership.
- To connect surrounding towns of the Loch such as Dunoon, Lochgilphead, Cairndow, Strachur and many more. Piers are uniquely valued across all ages and social groups. It just takes outreach. More landing facilities in Argyll will create a better economy.
- To be fully accessible, flat, free, and open to everyone.
- To improve the biodiversity in the Loch, which can be used by schools to develop children’s education, introducing them to the marine environment.