Huntly Development Trust
Huntly Development Trust (HDT)
HDT is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. Established in 2009, it has a membership of over 500 and is managed by a board of 8 directors and employs 6 staff members (4.75 FTE).
Our mission is to, “Work with others to build a resilient, inclusive, enterprising community capable of dealing with ongoing change.”
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association states that: The company has been formed to benefit the community of Huntly and surrounding district as defined by the postcode units within postcode sector AB54 (the “Community”). The Company has the aim to build a resilient, inclusive, enterprising Community capable of dealing with ongoing change.
The Company has
the following objectives:
- To advance development of the Community by maintaining, improving and regenerating its physical, economic, social and cultural infrastructure, and assisting people who are at a disadvantage because of their social and economic circumstances;
- To advance the education of people and organisations so that they can play a leading, proactive role in the sustainable development of the Community;
- To advance the arts, heritage and culture of the Community to the benefit of both locals and visitors;
- To advance public participation in sport (meaning sport which involves physical skill and exertion);
- To advance environmental protection or improvement;
- To provide recreational facilities and organise recreational activities within the Community, with the object of improving the conditions of life for all; and
- To promote, establish, operate and/or support other similar activities and projects of a charitable nature within the Community for its benefit
But such that the Company shall do so following the principles of sustainable development and in a way that respects and enhances the Community’s local culture, social traditions and built heritage, as well as the local and global natural environment.
HDT’s formally defined community membership area is the postcode district AB54.