Owning Our Future: South West Mull and Iona Development
Towards the end of 2020 Alasdair Satchel, perhaps best known on Mull for his What We Do in the Winter podcasts, interviewed and recorded a number of local people who had bravely agreed to speak to him! The interviews, all conducted by Zoom, were part of the Community Land Scotland project Owning Our Future, that explored how communities experienced the first Covid lockdown.
There are five podcasts (see below) and each is a response to a different question:
- What has had the most impact on your life in the current situation?
- What is life like in your community under Covid 19?
- What’s the best thing to have happened in your community as a result of Covid 19?
- What do you feel your community needs to build its road map out of the current situation?
- What do you feel that SWID’s role in this whole period has been and will be?
This project was funded through the National Lottery Community Fund’s Emerging Futures fund.
The podcasts were produced and edited by Alasdair Satchel.