Stow Community Trust
Stow Community Trust (SCT) exists to join in local community ventures to develop social, cultural and economic opportunities for the common good. The Trust is established as a company limited by guarantee not having share capital, comprising a board of volunteer directors and a large body of members. More information can be found on the Companies House website and you can also download our Articles of Association.
The Trust was established in September 2009 with the intention of developing the former primary school into a business centre with workspaces. This was an initiative that was first promoted by the Stow and Fountainhall Community Council and as the project developed, it was deemed more appropriate that a separate body be created to take the project forward.
Our Mission Statement
To promote Stow as a great place to live in and destination
What we will do:
- Create a sustainable asset for the community
- Establish a successful village pub/kitchen and cycling business
- Refurbish the building as part of celebrating our heritage
- Provide a multi-purpose room for community and wider use
- Create and supporting local jobs and training opportunities
- Contribute to the social and economic wellbeing of the village and beyond.