Morvern Community Development Company
Morvern Community Development Company was set up in 1999, following encouragement by the Morvern Community Council.
The Community Company is a Charity (SC043681) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC200325) and is managed by a Board of Directors two of which must be Morvern Community Councillors.
The Company aims to benefit the community of Morvern, Argyll, Scotland, with the Purposes listed below, to be exercised following the principles of sustainable development:
- To manage community land and associated assets for the benefit of the Community and the public in general.
- To provide, or assist in providing, recreational facilities, and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life of the Community.
- To advance community development, including urban or rural regeneration within the Community.
- To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture, heritage and/or history.
- To advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities for the Community and/or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic or other importance to the Community