Date(s) - 12/01/2022
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Community landownership is a highly democratic model and inevitably, not everyone in a community will have exactly the same views and ideas. On this course, you will look at how your organisation can encourage a range of views while protecting the democratic process from being skewed by the loudest voices. Following a successful pilot course in early 2021 Community Land Scotland have come together with the Scottish Community Mediation Centre to offer 12 places on their Handling Conflict Constructively course.
The Scottish Community Mediation Centre is one of the most experienced mediation and conflict resolution training providers in the UK. They provide a range of high quality courses delivered by experienced trainers who are mediators themselves.
This course will only be attended by community landowners and there will be space to discuss your community’s situation.
The main aims of the training sessions, delivered by Ian McDonough from the Scottish Community Mediation Centre, are for participants to gain:
- An understanding of different sources of conflict and the different ways people deal with it;
- An understanding of how you deal with conflict personally in different situations;
- Skills in helping people identify what they need to make conflict situations better;
- Skills in helping people find constructive ways to minimise or resolve conflict.
The course runs online over four afternoon sessions. Please note: Registration is only required for the first date but attending all four sessions is essential.
- Session 1: Wed 12 January * 13.30 – 17.00
- Session 2: Thurs 13 January * 13.30 – 17.00
- Session 3: Wed 26 January * 13.30 – 17.00
- Session 4: Thurs 27 January * 13.30 – 17.00
Once we have received your registration we will check that your organisation meets the criteria for this session and will be in touch with you to confirm your place and how to join the session. Spaces are available on a first come first serve basis.
Only 1 ticket available per organisation, unless spaces become available. If you would like to book more than one place please contact us separately.
To Register: CLICK HERE