Date(s) - 18/05/2018 - 19/05/2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Stirling Court Hotel
The conference looks at what can be learned from the social, economic, environmental and cultural achievements of community landowners.
FRIDAY 18th MAY
11:30 Registration opens
13:30 Welcome to the conference: Ian Hepburn, Community Land Scotland
13:45 Keynote speech: Roseanna Cunningham, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform
14:15 Community land story: Anne Fraser, Garbh Allt Community Initiative
14:35 What can Scotland learn from community landowners? Professor Jim Hunter, Community Land Scotland
15:00 What next for community land policy? Dr Calum MacLeod, Community Land Scotland
15:30 Tea and coffee
15:50 Workshops session A
1. How can Scotland get to one million acres in community landownership?
2. Crown Estate Scotland: assets and opportunities
3. The Community Right to Buy Abandoned and Neglected Land
4. Celebrating our Community Land Culture in 2019
16:50 Closing remarks Day 1
SATURDAY 19th MAY
9:00 Welcome back: Angela Williams, Community Land Scotland
9.05 Ulva – An island revival, Rebecca Munro
9.20 Panel discussion: Land and Culture – A Sense of Place
10.10 Workshops session B
1. The Community Right to Buy Abandoned and Neglected Land
2. Celebrating our Community Land Culture in 2019
3. Repopulating rural Scotland
4. Engaging young adults in community land management
11.05 Teas and coffees
11:25 Workshops session C
1. Repopulating rural Scotland
2. Engaging young adults in community land management
3. Urban community land: opportunities and challenges
4. How can community landowners share knowledge?
12.20 Closing remarks
We have limited availability for exhibition stands and we would advise reserving your space as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Exhibitor bookings include one delegate space, which includes entrance to the conference and lunch on both days. Please note that this does not include the conference dinner or accommodation.
Prices for exhibition spaces are on the booking form, which should be returned before the 23rd April. If you require any extra delegate spaces please book through our online booking system above. If you are interested in exhibiting at the conference please contact us if you require any further information.
For further information, contact Linsay Chalmers: firstname.lastname@example.org