Date(s) - 10/11/2015
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Soutar Theatre
Community Land Scotland are holding a seminar to provide land agents, advisors and RICS members with a greater awareness and understanding of community land ownership in Scotland.
The event will;
- provide information on the work of community landowners
- help dispel any myths or misconceptions regarding community land ownership
- allow discussion on Land Reform, and the provisions of the Community Empowerment Bill
- discuss the Scottish Government’s aim to double the amount of land in community ownership to 1 million acres by 2020
- allow questions to be asked of community land owners
- provide networking opportunities
As a RICS member / land agent in Scotland, we hope that this event will give you the opportunity for business growth in an emerging sector and a good understanding of the advisory/support requirements of the community land sector, and how to go about working with community land buyouts.
You will hear from Peter Peacock (Policy Director, Community Land Scotland), Ailsa Raeburn (Head of Community Assets, Highlands and Islands Enterprise), John Hutchison (Chairman, Isle of Eigg Heritage Trust).
A simple lunch will be provided on arrival.
This event is free of charge.
Please contact Ruth with any queries
Sponsored by the Scottish Government