Community Land Week 2021 took place from 9th until 17th October.
Community Land Week is the annual celebration of community ownership run by Community Land Scotland in partnership with the Scottish Government. This is a special, smaller Community Land Week focusing on communities that bought land or buildings during the pandemic and didn’t get a chance to celebrate.
Over the course of the week, 10 events celebrating community buy-outs took place. There was also a wonderful flurry of news stories about the events and groups involved – see below for a small sampling of these!
- Isle of Skye community power celebrated as buy out deals secure assets for future generations | HeraldScotland
- 10 community land projects in Scotland defy Covid odds to achieve completion | The National
- How community buy-out projects in Lewis and Udny are improving residents’ lives | The National
- Chance for locals to visit the Tarras Nature Reserve | Border Telegraph
- Organisations benefit from Recovery Fund – E & L Advertiser (eladvertiser.co.uk)
- Walk on the wild side – E & L Advertiser (eladvertiser.co.uk)
- Annan harbour group set sail for new world – DNG Online Limited (dng24.co.uk)