A Scottish landowner plans to buy up thousands upon thousands of acres additional land to forge a vast uninterrupted wilderness and become Scotland’s largest landowner (Press and Journal 21 April 2014). Following the revelations, Community Land Scotland the representative body of community landowners is calling for new powers to be available to test whether such acquisitions would be in the public interest and they have called on the private land ownership body Scottish Land and Estates to join their call for intervention powers over large estate acquisitions. See Powers needed over Scottish land grabbing for full comments.
Connect with Us
Be Part of the Movement
- New report from Community Land Scotland highlights negative effects of monopoly rural land ownership
- Invitation from Community Land Scotland to participate in a research survey on community land ownership and the climate emergency
- New powers to control sales of large estates and to break up landowning monopolies proposed in Community Land Scotland’s manifesto for a sustainable Scotland
- Community Land Scotland calls for access to safe and warm housing at prices local people can afford as new report publishes today
- Community Ownership - Shaping the Future of Our Towns (25th + 26th January)
- 25/01/2021 - 26/01/2021
Supporter of the Month
Donald MacKenzieDonald MacKenzie, now resident in Glenfarg grew up on what was then the Great Glen Cattle Ranch in Lochaber. Latterly, his father ran Inverlochy Castle... Read more »
Members login here
"RT @ScottishLandCom: Home to so much more than the 'Three Js,' we're inviting #Dundee residents to join us tonight at 7pm at our virtual pu…"
"RT @LorneOban: A great illustration of the importance of the @ForestryLS community asset transfer scheme. The Community Empowerment (Scotla…"
"We already have over 100 people signed up for our Midsteeple Quarter showcase next Monday, which reflects the massi… https://t.co/9ftSmjwhWq"
"RT @CarnegieUKTrust: Communities taking control & working together to redesign @midstquarter 👏 👇 You can read more about what's been happe…"
"RT @kirstyMTait: Exciting opportunity to be part of the future of our High Streets here ⬇️ Many towns and city neighbourhoods will be watch…"