The Tiree Community Development Trust was formed in March 2006 and is owned, and managed by Tiree’s community. It represents a community led approach to rural development promoting the sustainable, environmental and economic and social development of Tiree.
Our main activities are:
- The sustainable regeneration of Tiree’s community;
- Strategic planning and development through community engagement and consultation;
- Local project delivery;
- Partnership working with relevant agencies and organisations;
- Sharing best practice and experience with other similar groups and organisations; and
- Local capacity and skill development.
The Trust owns a 900kW wind turbine which is managed via a trading subsidiary, Tiree Renewable Energy Ltd, or TREL, and brings a revenue stream to the Trust. They also own a shop (which is leased and run by a private business) following a successful bid to the Scottish Land Fund in 2015 and work closely with various other Tiree community groups to deliver projects and provide services identified through the Tiree Community Growth Plan.
Tiree Community Development Trust
Units 1 & 2
The Island Centre
Isle of Tiree
Key contact: Andy Wright