This page includes a selection of recommended short videos, documentaries and recordings of CLS webinars.
16th January 2018 – Introduction to Community Landownership. Presentations from Linsay Chalmers, CLS. Angela Williams, Knoydart Foundation and Carola Bell, Galson Estate Trust.
16th October 2017 – Hutting Webinar An introduction to Hutting from Reforesting Scotland.
Community Land Stories: hear the experiences of three people involved in community land buyouts
What is community landownership?: a two and half minute animated guide to community landownershp
A Common Right: Eigg – a short film made as part of the Global Call to Action from Land Rights Now
For more to watch, visit our Vimeo channel.
- Scottish Land Fund
Promotional video for the Scottish Land Fund, created by Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- International Land Coalition – Global Call to Action
Voices from around the world, ours included, calling for global action on indigenous and community land rights.
- Why you can’t afford to buy a house and how to fix it, Laurie Macfarlane
- BBC Scotland Investigates “The Men Who Own Scotland” – January 2014
Meet the powerful – and usually very private – people who own much of our country. Reporter David Miller goes in search of Scotland’s landowners and asks whether it’s fair that less than one per cent of Scots own over half of all Scotland’s private land.
- A million acres in community ownership by 2020 – 7th June 2013
First Minister Alex Salmond announces target at the Community Land Scotland Annual Conference 2013
- Launch of Community Land Ownership and Community Resilience Report – July 2011
A short video about the launch of the SAC Rural Policy Centre report on community land ownership and community resilience.
- Ten Year Anniversary of the Isle of Eigg Buyout – August 2010
Residents on the Hebridean island of Eigg are celebrating the tenth anniversary of their historic community buy-out.
- The Cheviot, the Stag and the Black, Black Oil
Complete version of the play by The 7-84 Touring Theatre Company, as performed in 1974