COMMUNITY LAND SCOTLAND CONFERENCE 2018: What can Scotland learn from Community Landowners?
Date(s) - 18/05/2018 - 19/05/2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Stirling Court Hotel
The conference looks at what can be learned from the social, economic, environmental and cultural achievements of community landowners.
Over the past 25 years, the achievements of Scotland’s community landowners have drawn world-wide attention. This conference will look at what wider society in Scotland can learn from their community-led approach to regeneration. The programme will include:
- presentations from Professor Jim Hunter and the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust
- discussion on community land and culture
- workshops on repopulation; engaging young people; urban community land and the Community Right to Buy abandoned, neglected and detrimental land and many more!
- We have five places for students at £35 each. These are available on a first come first served basis.
- The Conference Dinner (three courses, plus glass of wine) will take place on Friday evening in the Stirling Court Hotel. The cost is £40 per person (additional to the Conference fee). Please remember to purchase tickets for the dinner if you wish to attend.
- Delegates are requested to book their own accommodation, please see our list of suggested accommodation in Stirling. Accommodation is available at the venue, details are in the accommodation link, we would advise booking as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are having any difficulty finding accommodation.
The programme will be available shortly, a full list of workshops is available here.
We have limited availability for exhibition stands and we would advise reserving your space as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Exhibitor bookings include one delegate space, which includes entrance to the conference and lunch on both days. Please note that this does not include the conference dinner or accommodation.
Prices for exhibition spaces are on the booking form, which should be returned before the 23rd April. If you require any extra delegate spaces please book through our online booking system above. If you are interested in exhibiting at the conference please contact us if you require any further information.
For further information, contact Linsay Chalmers: email@example.com