Community Land Scotland was established in 2010 as a response to the need for a collective voice for community landowners in Scotland. It is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status.
Our current membership includes Scottish community landowners – owning and managing approx. 500,000 acres between them – and aspiring community landowners of varying shapes and sizes throughout Scotland.
We represent these existing and aspiring community landowners to reflect their views in promoting changes to legislation to empower communities, while acting as a point of contact for any communities in Scotland who wish to find out more about community land ownership.
Broadly, we work to represent the Scottish community landowning movement in different arenas of associated activity.
Our key objectives are to:-
- Facilitate the exchange of information, enabling groups to learn from each others’ experience and successes
- Promote the growing importance of the community landowning sector to Scotland
- Reform The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 to simplify and strengthen powers to communities
- Encourage community groups to register an interest in land
- Work with communities to ease the process of communities taking ownership of public land
We are members of the International Land Coalition which seeks to support community land rights and land reform movements around the world.
For more information…
View our Policy Documents
See our Events Calendar
Check out our Latest News
If you are a community in Scotland with an interest in purchasing or registering an interest in land and require advice or if you would like us to speak at a community event, please get in touch.
If you would like to keep up with the work that we do sign up to receive our e-newsletters